Click to Donate to the the Young Women’s Technology Scholarship
The 2014 Denver Biz Tech Expo Young Women’s Technology Scholarship was created to assist and motivate Denver Public High School Seniors to pursue a degree in technology. The technology industry in the United States is growing rapidly and the disparity of men to women working in the field is getting wider. There is a great need for more educated and certified professional women in this field. We welcome all applicants pursuing any degree related to technology which can include business, marketing, sales, engineering, design, graphic art, etc.; it’s does not need to be solely focused on Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering to be considered for this award.
This 2014 Denver Biz Tech Expo Young Women’s Technology Scholarship is open to all female students graduating from a Denver Public high school in the spring of 2015 who intend to pursue a technology degree at a two year or four year college or university in the United States. We will award a minimum of one $1,000+ scholarship to one young woman on October 9th, 2014 at our Denver Biz Tech Expo at Wings Over the Rockies Museum in Lowry.
In order to apply for the Young Women’s Technology Scholarship, you will need to contact your high school counselor to ensure that the DBTE has permission to access your high school transcripts. In addition, you must meet the following criteria:
- Confirm at least a 2.50 cumulative grade point average (unweighted) at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must be planning to enroll at an accredited two year or four year college or university in the United States for the fall semester of 2015.
- Maintain a minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average (unweighted) at that institution for the 2015-2016 school year.
Scholarship funds will be used for tuition and will be provided directly to the institution that you are enrolled in. If the scholarship monetary amount is greater than the tuition for the first school year, the remaining amount will be rolled into the second year.
Application Process and Deadline
- This scholarship aims to support students who have displayed a passion for technology and show engagement in their school, community, and/or job.
- Any significant challenges that have been overcome in order to achieve excellence, financial need and academic excellence will also be taken into consideration, but these will not be the primary factors in the selection process.
- The scholarship Application form is available on the Denver Biz Tech Expo website and must be completed online (www.denverbiztechexpo.com/scholarshipapp).
- The application deadline for all applicants is September 21, 2014.
- Finalists and winners will be notified on or before October 3, 2014.
Finalists and winners will be invited to the Scholarship Award ceremony during the Denver Biz Tech Expo on the main stage on October 9th, 2014 at 3:45 PM at Wings Over the Rockies Museum in Lowry.